Skip to main content

Euro 2012 - Group D - Preview

Group D






1. England
2. Sweden
3. France
4. Ukraine


England - FIFA Ranking - 6


  If they can get good performances out of keeper Joe Hart and starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain they should advance.  I pick this year as the first time they do not disappoint, with Hodgson at the helm we may see better form.


Sweden - FIFA Ranking - 17


   The keys for Sweden's success lies within the player of star man Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Sunderland playmaker Sebastian Larsson.  I give them my vote of confidence to progress over France.  Somewhat of a bold call, yet the Euro's hold many twists and turns.

France - FIFA Ranking - 14

  France is very good.  This time around I believe they can't win.  I have not seen enough to make me really think this squad has the power to take the group by storm.

Ukraine - FIFA Ranking - 52 


  Co-hosts, they will play extremely motivated.  With national greats Andriy Shevchenko and Andriy Voronin, can they produce shock results?  I say nope. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FPL Official - Five Noteworthy Forwards

Welcome back!  My international call up of sorts, where I current cover all things EPL wise for Togga,  has seen me absent from posting.  However, based on demand, I will be returning to provide regular coverage of the English Premier League and United States Men's National Team.  The Premier League season is entering the final stretch.  This campaign has been headlined by the historic conquest of Leicester City, the fall of once storied Aston Villa and the on-going debate surrounding the future of Manchester United's coaching dilemma.  With that said, here is some pointers for ensuring a strong finish to your Fantasy Premier League campaign.   The Price Is Right - Graziano Pelle, Southampton Current Value: 7.9m Selected By: 8.8% Total Score: 125 A personal favorite, the Italian has had an up-and-down season.  However, his current form has rocketed him to the top of this list.  In his past five appearances he...

Weekend Fixtures

Saturday's Fixtures.... West Ham v Fulham Swansea City v Sunderland Wigan v Stoke City  Tottenham v Norwich City  West Brom Albion v Everton  Manchester City v QPR Sunday's Fixtures..... Liverpool v Arsenal Southampton v Manchester United Newcastle United v Aston Villa