Skip to main content

The Work Ethic Of A Professional - The Gift of Soccer


Motivation and the desire to succeed is one of the biggest pros of being an athlete.  In high school I played soccer and ever time I stepped on the pitch I would turn on a mental switch which would allow me to play as good as I wanted.  Now, being a sophomore in college, I find myself in scenarios where I can apply the same tactics I use to use as player.  
One of the greatest gifts ever given to me was the permission and funding of my family to play youth soccer.  Starting at the age of 4 I would play weekly in my Redding Park and Rec soccer games.  As I became older the games went from having fun to being all business.  As the games became more intense as did my life.  This came hand-in-hand with my level of maturity and desire to become successful.  
My senior year of high school my aunt passed away from breast cancer.  I was emotionally destroyed and on the verge of self implosion.  My grades went down, my social life began to fall apart and worst of all I burden with sadness.  The only thing that kept me going was playing soccer.  The work I put in well training and playing in games sky rocketed as well as my attitude towards succeeding.  After a long talk with my coach one day I dawned on me I could overcome my personal struggles by applying the way I held myself on the soccer pitch.
This was not only a revelation in my life but also a turning point which I often reflect on when asked about my past.  I, to this day, believe if it wasn’t for the guidance of my coaches, fellow teammates and maturity level learned from the “beautiful game” would not have overcome such a set back.  
I urge parents to promote the playing of youth organized soccer to their children.  As a person who used his experiences to improve his life, can attest to the greatness of the sport.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FPL Official - Five Noteworthy Forwards

Welcome back!  My international call up of sorts, where I current cover all things EPL wise for Togga,  has seen me absent from posting.  However, based on demand, I will be returning to provide regular coverage of the English Premier League and United States Men's National Team.  The Premier League season is entering the final stretch.  This campaign has been headlined by the historic conquest of Leicester City, the fall of once storied Aston Villa and the on-going debate surrounding the future of Manchester United's coaching dilemma.  With that said, here is some pointers for ensuring a strong finish to your Fantasy Premier League campaign.   The Price Is Right - Graziano Pelle, Southampton Current Value: 7.9m Selected By: 8.8% Total Score: 125 A personal favorite, the Italian has had an up-and-down season.  However, his current form has rocketed him to the top of this list.  In his past five appearances he...

Weekend Fixtures

Saturday's Fixtures.... West Ham v Fulham Swansea City v Sunderland Wigan v Stoke City  Tottenham v Norwich City  West Brom Albion v Everton  Manchester City v QPR Sunday's Fixtures..... Liverpool v Arsenal Southampton v Manchester United Newcastle United v Aston Villa